Main focus: Games & Psychology
Twitter handle: @jessicakathmann
Websites/blogs: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessica-kathmann , https://behind-the-screens.de
Languages: German, English, Dutch
Topics: game studies, games
Services: Talk, Workshop management, Consulting, Interview
Willing to travel for an event.
Willing to talk for nonprofit.
A lot of questions we have about games are essentially psychological:
– Why are certain games / game genres particularly appealing to us?
– Do games have a positive influence on our mental health / well-being?
– Do games really make you aggressive?
– What can we learn through games?
– Can games be addictive? What mechanisms do games use to keep us playing?
– How do games represent mental health issues?
– How can games be discussed and used in the context of psychotherapy?
As a psychologist with a focus on depth psychology, I deal with these and many other questions and am happy to pass on my knowledge in lectures, workshops, seminars and talks.
After graduating in psychology in 2016, Jessica Kathmann started her extra-occupational training as an analytical psychotherapist according to C.G.Jung which she is still following. Her independent professional positions took her to work as a psychological consultant and therapist in vocational training measures and youth care in group homes. Furthermore, she worked as a media assistant in a school where she supported digitization processes. Currently she works as a research assistant researching digitalization in higher education. In addition to that, she is still self-employed with topics at the intersection between digital games and psychology, where she works as a podcaster, editor, and speaker.
Examples of previous talks / appearances: