Main focus: Intercultural Communication
Languages: German, English, Italian, Portuguese
City: Frankfurt am Main
Services: Talk, Moderation, Workshop management, Consulting, Coaching
Angela Hornberg was born and grew up in Italy, spent part of her youth in North and South America and settled in Germany in 1980. She holds a Masters’ Degree in Economics from the University of Göttingen, after studying at the Institute of Economics, University of Colorado in Boulder, USA, and at the State University (UFRGS) in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Ms. Hornberg has held several positions in Investment Banking with leading global financial institutions (e.g. Deutsche Bank, Lehman Brothers) before starting her own companies. Since 2002 Ms. Hornberg has managed AHC, Advanced Human Capital, a leading German Executive search company. In addition, she has developed skills and experience in other areas of of Human Resources Development, including:
• Executive coaching for career development, strategic choices, positioning, professional growth and outplacement consulting;
• Speaker at conferences and organizer of workshops and discussions; author and opinion-maker about Diversity and Intercultural issues.
Ms Hornberg’s goal is to combine her long international experience in the private sector with her skills, education and personal interest in human development, aimed at supporting executives and companies to fully develop their potential and benefit from new challenges.
Her experience include the following highlights:
• Ms Hornberg held the course “Intercultural Communication and Leadership” for the Bachelor Program “International Finance” from 2006 until 2010 at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences;
• She has been a regular speaker at the International MBA of the Goethe University of Frankfurt, educating MBA students structuring their professional development;
• In recent years she has gained visibility in the “Gender discussion”, and is an acclaimed author in the leading national press and a regular guest on panel discussions.
Her professional focus – trainings, workshops and lectures - covers the following themes:
• Managing and working across cultures
• The meaning of professional performance in different systems
• Parameters of professional recognition in different systems
• The meaning of failure in different cultures
As a result of her intensive coaching and consulting experience she has developed a unique approach applying the principles of Intercultural and Diversity issues to support integration and change and to turn conflict situations, even within an apparently homogeneous organisation, into a growth experience for individuals and the whole team.
Ms. Hornberg is a passionate climber, skier and yachtswoman, from the summit of Mont Blanc to the shores of Papua New Guinea.